Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!
Welcome to the IntellivisionRevolution Forums!
Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!

Have You Played Your Intellivision Today?

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! » The Classic Gaming Section » The Classic Gaming Forum » Sports games for the genesis/mega drive

Sports games for the genesis/mega drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sports games for the genesis/mega drive on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 5:30 pm

kerran156

Hi guys,
I recently brought a mega drive (I'm in a PAL region) and it came with Newman/Haas Indy car racing, jewel master, and NBA showdown '94. I know these are all pretty average games but I've been playing NBA showdown quite a lot and I'm beginning to wonder why everyone dislikes sports games on the genesis? Ive been enjoying NBA showdown quite a bit yet its rated as one of the lower rated NBA games, why is this? I found the controls surprisingly smooth for a d-pad and the game play is great and very challenging , even on the easiest difficulty.

Any thoughts? Hope I haven't bored you out of your minds reading this

Kerran

2 Re: Sports games for the genesis/mega drive on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:21 pm

Rev

Admin
Admin
I think alot of people move on after a new season comes around.

But also i think it is collectors that dont like them, there was alot made and there is no money to be made. There is really nothing wrong with the game itself.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

3 Re: Sports games for the genesis/mega drive on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

sloan

Sport games for Genesis/Mega Drive are mostly hit and miss. Does NBA showdown have Marv Albert's voice, or is that another one I am thinking of?

There are many NFL and US college football games, though I am not too sure how many saw PAL release, along with FIFA Soccer and I even have a rugby game in my collection. If you like racing, then Outrun and Monaco GP are recommendable, along with Virtua Racing.

In hindsight, the Genesis/Mega drive was really a sports fan's paradise.

4 Re: Sports games for the genesis/mega drive on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 1:55 am

kerran156

Thanks for the replies and welcomes guys. I suppose your opinions are true, have any of you's played Nba showdown before? If so , what are your opinions on the game?

5 Re: Sports games for the genesis/mega drive on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:50 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
I have NBA Showdown for the Super Nintendo. I have only played it a few times. I like it but would recommend some others like NBA Live '96 and Bulls versus Lakers for the Genesis/Mega Drive. NBA Jam is another good title.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum