Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!
Welcome to the IntellivisionRevolution Forums!
Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!

Have You Played Your Intellivision Today?

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! » The Colecovision Section » The Colecovision Forum » expansion module #2

expansion module #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm

sloan

I finally have a working steering wheel for the CV. YES! Can you tell I'm excited?

I wasted $25 with shipping on a non tested non working one a couple years ago, and longed to play Turbo and Dukes of Hazzard. I decided that I would not waste that large a sum again on an untested one. Lo and behold, I sniped an ebay auction and got one for $10 plus $5 shipping and it works like a charm. I am pumped.

Can anyone provide a complete list of CV games that use EM2?

2 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:01 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Destructor is the only other game I know about.

Back then they did not support add-ons like they do now. Sad

3 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

TrekMD

Congratulations sloan! I know how it feels to finally get that one add-on! I just got a LightPen for my Vectrex! I have only one game on cart but the multicart has most of the games for the LightPen. I'm only missing one that I'll need to find as a separate cart - AnimAction.

https://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira

4 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:58 pm

sloan

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get Destructor and Pit Stop. i already have turbo and Dukes of Hazzard.

Makes me wonder why Atari did not release a steering wheel controller for 5200 or 7800 systems. Pole Position on 5200 or Pole Position II on 7800 would sure have been great with a steering wheel. Also, what about Sega with Master System? Outrun with a racing wheel would have been as close to arcade as it got.

5 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

TrekMD

sloan wrote:Thanks guys. I can't wait to get Destructor and Pit Stop. i already have turbo and Dukes of Hazzard.

Makes me wonder why Atari did not release a steering wheel controller for 5200 or 7800 systems. Pole Position on 5200 or Pole Position II on 7800 would sure have been great with a steering wheel. Also, what about Sega with Master System? Outrun with a racing wheel would have been as close to arcade as it got.

That was indeed a peculiar choice from them. Even if they had done "driving controllers" like for the 2600 (modified paddle controllers), that would have been nice.

6 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:07 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Yeah "driving controllers" would have been nice. I forgot all about Pit Stop. That was a fun game. I only played the computer version.

7 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:10 pm

TrekMD

And, you know the iron of it is that Atari kept on releasing driving games for the 7800. A driving controller would have been fantastic! Playing a race car game with a joystick just isn't as much fun.

8 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Hear you on that! What are some of the 7800 driving games that you play?

9 Re: expansion module #2 on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:29 pm

TrekMD

onthinice wrote:Hear you on that! What are some of the 7800 driving games that you play?

There's Pole Position II, Fatal Run, and Motor Psycho. The latter one is a motorcycle racing game.

10 Re: expansion module #2 on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:31 am

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Okay, I only have Pole Position II.

11 Re: expansion module #2 on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:35 am

TrekMD

Fatal Run is more than just a racing game as you can shoot other vehicles on the road but a steering control of some kind would make it even more fun. Motor Psycho plays along the same principles as Pole Position even though it is a motorcylce game. It would work very will with the same type of controller.

12 Re: expansion module #2 on Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:05 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Very much enjoyed the Road Rash and Paperboy games so I understand your point.

It would have been nice to have had a steering wheel for the early Sega systems.

13 Re: expansion module #2 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:51 am

Intellivisioner

Janitor
Janitor
"Bump`n´Jump" also supported the steering wheel:

Norman

http://www.airfix132.de

14 Re: expansion module #2 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

TrekMD

Bump'n'Jump is a fun game with a joystick. It must be even better with a driving controller. Smile

15 Re: expansion module #2 on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:44 am

sloan

Intellivisioner wrote:"Bump`n´Jump" also supported the steering wheel:

Norman

Thanks for the tip. I have Bump n' Jump for CV and have not tried it yet with the driving module. You know, for as forward thinking a company as Coleco was, it is truly shameful that they died. Think of what Colecovision (and maybe a successor system) could have given to the gaming community if not for 'the crash'.

16 Re: expansion module #2 on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Never played the Coleco version. It is a fun game on the Intellivision and Nes. Wonder about Up 'n Down on the Colecovision?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum