Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!
Welcome to the IntellivisionRevolution Forums!
Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More!

Have You Played Your Intellivision Today?

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discuss Intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo, and More! » The Classic Gaming Section » The Classic Gaming Forum » Playchoice 10

Playchoice 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Playchoice 10 on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:01 pm

sloan

Anyone as ancient as me that remembers the Nintendo Playchoice 10 arcade cabinet? It was a great thing around 1984-1986 timeframe and had 10 separate Nintendo games to choose from. I remember titles like Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley, Excite Bike, and Punch Out. I am told that Nintendo actually shipped different Playchoice 10 systems to different arcades, in that the game choices varied. All I know is that when NES hit store shelves in my area around 1985, I was primed for it because of my experience with Playchoice 10. This was genius strategy by Nintendo, preparing the masses for NES by whetting their appetites with the exact games in the arcades ahead of time.

2 Re: Playchoice 10 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:14 am

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Those cabinets were a good idea!

Anyone know of a list of the games that may have been added or dropped at different Playchoice systems?

3 Re: Playchoice 10 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

sloan

I distinctly remember my jaw dropping when I saw NES playing SMB at a store kiosk in my town. For once, the arcade had truly come home. My wife bought me my NES for Christmas of 1985 and I have it to this day.

4 Re: Playchoice 10 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
She is a keeper and that is love!

I was busy with the Commodore 64 at the time. But I did get to enjoy Duck Hunt(except for that dang dog), Tecmo Bowl and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the late eighties.

5 Re: Playchoice 10 on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

sloan

Looking at this list, the games that shipped with Playchoice 10 cabinets was extensive. I never realized that there were this many options with the cabs that went to different arcades.

6 Re: Playchoice 10 on Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

onthinice

Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Wow! 54 different games to chose from! Nintendo really had their bases covered.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum